Tuesday 4 April 2006

Google Earth Vs Microsoft's Virtual Earth...

I was sent a link today that took me to a preview of Microsoft's Virtual Earth.

Virtual Earth is a very nifty idea, but it must take a lot to gather the pictures and if they are trying to cover the world, or at least major cities, then it's going to take some time, shall we say.
Now I'm a big fan of Google Earth and use several of its features, but having ground level images would be the icing on the cake.
This kind of technology and information gathering is very much in its infancy, at the moment, and no one knows where it's going, but why don't Microsoft and Google join forces?
Is it going to end up like the space race? This would be a shame in many respects, as they are both taking a slightly different angle on the same technology and goal.
Combining these two would be awesome, but would it stop them improving it, as they will have no one to out do? Who knows; have a look and see what you think folks...

http://earth.google.com Vs http://preview.local.live.com
(Go on, grab Virtual Earths little yellow car and pull it back and forth. I bet you go woooh!)

Today, I'm most angry about: Being overtaken several times in a 50mph zone, when I'm doing 50mph myself. Muppets! Grrr
Grrr-O-Meter: 4/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»