Sunday 9 April 2006

What a Weekend...

I've just made my weary way back from Bristol after visiting friends.
The trendy* couple live in a lovely flat that looks over the Clifton suspension bridge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_Suspension_Bridge

As you may have seen on the news, last night was the celebration of Brunel, the bridges' designer, so fireworks where being let off from the bridge in one of the best show of pyrotechnics I’ve seen in a long time.

The parking around Bristol is horrendous, and this event only added to the chaos, but I did manage to nip in to where someone had just left. RESULT!
Joke: "What do you do if you see a spaceman? Park in it man!" Ahhh…

Parking aside, a superb time was had, a good curry was eaten, several beers were drunk and the fireworks were great and the 'fireworks' were great!!!

I just need 56 hours sleep to recover.

[* They use the word “Pod” instead of iPod. Was it not short enough already? I.E. “Where’s my Pod? Oh, it’s over there on charge.” I thought they were talking about peas or something at first. Talking of which, their fridge reeeaaally mings! No honestly, it does. :-()]

P.S. The 'parachute jump' was great. Who knows; I may even get a taste for it?

Anyhow, there's an entry I can scrub off my 'things to do before I die' list!

Today, I'm most angry about: Buying a chocolate bar from the local Esso garage and dropping it in such a way, it shot across the counter and into the water cooler! This did, of course, cause amusement to the cashier. Doh!
Grrr-O-Meter Rating: 1/10


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speechless!

Anonymous said...

Hello dogga! Loving the blog. You'll be pleased to hear that the fridge no longer mings, whatever it was grew legs and left of its own volition.

Phil said...

Ah, 'Trendy' Girl, welcome!
I'm glad your liking the Blog and glad you've sorted your fridge out. It was getting close to needing an exclusion zone.
Please feel free to keep commenting mate, especially now you've taken the first step to becoming a blogger and not just a blog voyeur! LOL

Anonymous said...

This jump then - was it a solo or a tandem. Either way it took some balls.
Wow !

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»