Thursday 15 March 2007

Agh! That's Me...What am I doing there..?

I get in from work on Thursday night and did my usual routine:

Sort my post out
Turn on PC
Grab a drink
Fire up iTunes and start listening to Soma FM 'Groove Salad'
Log onto MSN Messenger
Check e-mail
Start the Intermaweb and see a picture of myself on Lycos
WTF *cue record scratch sound effect*





"Extreme Close Up" (Knarly Dude!)


Several months ago, I switched to Lycos as my homepage, as I got bored of Yahoo and Google...
The dog angle on the site had NOTHING to do with it of course :]

After changing, I noticed a Lycos feature called 'Sexy Like Us'; a photo-rating feature.
I joined purely out of interest and nothing more, as you had to sign-up to view the photos. I didn't even write down my username and password and used the first photo I came across, my blog one - I had completely disregarded the feature and forgotten everything about it, so you can imagine my surprise to see my mug shot on Lycos's homepage!!!

It may still be there as it scrolls through the articles www.lycos.co.uk


Today, I'm Most Angry About: Stupid people on the roads... Where do I start... I was fuming by the time I got to work.. AND my CD auto-changer is playing up and skipping whenever I drive over the slightest pothole or accelerate hard... Grrr... :[
Grrr-O-Meter Rating: 7/10

Today's Top Tip: A Teaspoon placed in a glass on the back seat of your car makes a handy audible gauge for road bump severity.

14 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

I say BLING!

(that's the good choice, right? ;)

Phil said...

Celeste:
Hahaha... You chose right! :0)
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Haha. That's great!

I won't give an opinion to protect the innocent.

Andre Veloux said...

They must rate you as bling then!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a star! Def bling! (but i am a little biased!).

Phil said...

Stu:
Yeah, a nice surprise!
Thanks :0)

Andre:
I hope - It's 50/50 I guess! :]

Big Sis:
Hey up sis...
Yeah, my second claim to fame in a matter of months LOL :)

Kayla said...

Bling or Ming is so much better than the lame "Hot or Not" I've seen used.
Of course you're Bling!
I did see your mug "live" on the site last night :0)
They always say to be careful what you post on the internet...you never know how it will be used!

Anonymous said...

oooh... you have MSN messenger?? What's your name??

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Dogga.

you're moving on up in the popularity world. a music video, now a web appearance...what's next?

Phil said...

Kayla:
yeah, 'Bling or Ming' does have a better ring to it!
Thank you and yay for being Bling :]
Yeah, how scary eh, it does got to show where pictures can end up... *ponders* oh dear, I could be in for many a surprise with what's out there :) (I'm not kidding)

Sarah:
Oi, your supposed to comment on my blinging surprise :0)
I've e-mailed and added you to my list.
Talk to ya laters dudette!

Guggs:
Hahaha, yeah, a music video, a web appearance and they say things come in 3s... So what's next I wonder :]

b o o said...

sexy like us. LOL.

ahem.

LOL.

HUGS.

Phil said...

Boo:
I know, cheesy eh, as I said though, I only joined out of intrigue and to rate all the mingers 1/10 :X

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Oooh you are such a tart Dogga!! ;)

Phil said...

Angela:
How woooooooood, but slightly true yes :0)