Wednesday 5 July 2006

Mincing It...

Since my recent 'door-meets-heel' injury, I've been unable to wear shoes, basically because it's too painful and rubs on my self-inflicted wound, causing it to bleed again.

I spent all of Sunday barefooted and went to work on Monday in just my socks. I also went to Sainsburys to get a sandwich, in just my socks, which surprisingly yielded very few odd looks!

However, this was soon rectified on Monday evening, as I was very kindly bought a rather fetching (most male looking ones that could be found in a hurry) pair of flip-flops!
A genius idea and it works very well, but they do make me look like a camp hairstylist.

These flip-flops have been a lifesaver to me, but I cannot understand why somebody would wear flip-flops by choice, because:

A. They are incredibly uncomfortable to walk in and you have to curl your toes slightly on every step so they don't fall off, especially when negotiating stairs!
B. Having a piece of plastic wedged between your big and second toe really does not feel nice at all and I like nothing unnatural between my toes, unless it's a tongue! Oops, did I just say that out loud?
C. They make the most irritating generic flip-flop slapping sound when walking. Well, these none SAS issue flip-flops make a lot of noise anyhow!


Today, I'm Most Angry About: Doing a lunch-time circuit training class, but only really having the use of my left leg to do a lot of the exercises, meaning I have an aching left leg and a slightly lazy unexercised right leg! Grrr
Grrr-O-Meter Rating: 3/10

13 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I bought a pair the other week because I thought they'd be easy for camping.....and you've just put a whole new meaning on that phrase!! ;)

Dakota said...

Wow……I didn’t know MTV also had a program called “Pimp my flip-flops” ;)
Feel better soon x

Anonymous said...

Did you know that style of footwear was invented by a Frenchman? His name was Philippe Philoppe ...

*fetches coat and leaves*

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

*groans at JG*

Phil said...

Angela:
Hehe - How could you? These things are torture! :[

Dakota:
LOL Boom, boom, very good! :]
It's healing nicely x

Jan:
Oh dear, oh dear!
*Dogga holds both coat and door for Jan* :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_flop

Pookledo said...

Ooh! I've got some a bit like that but mine are much more pink.

I got mine after I cut my feet to ribbons a couple of weeks ago. Very handy for putting in my bag if my "real shoes" are uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

I wear flip-flops religiously in the summer here. But there is no plastic piece that goes between my toes... it's soft fabric and they are oh so comfy

So are those girl sandals or what? Regardless, they look SPECTACULAR on your feet.

karen said...

Awwww, well aren't you just the prettiest dogga in town? I agree with sarah, they look FABULOUS daaaahling :)

karen said...

Awwww, well aren't you just the prettiest dogga in town? I agree with sarah, they look FABULOUS daaaahling :)

karen said...

BTW jg - hilarious. I laughed out loud :)

Phil said...

I like sandals but the flip flop is too thong-like for my tootsies.
I've been in sandals since February almost everyday

Anonymous said...

Sainsbury's in socks? I would have stared at you!

Phil said...

Pookledo:
No more pink for me!
Ooh, I don't know what you did to your feet, but by the sounds of 'ribbons' I couldn't have been good!

Sarah:
Ah, you have classy flip-flops with no bit! *Jealous*
Yeah, they are ladies sandals, but hey, they do the job! :]

Kees:
Haha, pretty, mmm, yes - So they don't look too manly then??? :)

...and don't laugh at Jan, you'll just encourage her!

Phil:
Yeah, it's the thong bit I have the problem with too. :]

Mr Hutton:
Too damn right you would of stared at me... I would have expected a sneer too.